Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"It depends on how strong my like for them is..."


IF only, the lovers world had no rules. Nothing could possibly go wrong that way. There would never be a problem with "Oh I cannot date him/her because he/she was my best friends ex" or "I cannot flirt with him/her because my best friend wants to ask him/her out". But without those problems, love would never really exist.

Dating has always been an issue between friends. One man just happens to be "the one" for about 4 girls at the same time amazingly enough just because he was the only one left single in the group. But for this "one", he might decide that none of them or all of them are "the one". Funny how that works is it not?

The love game is a vicious game to play. One wrong move and the game ends. Even though we are aware of this, we are still crazy enough to play the game and follow its rules. But what if, we did not play the game? Would we be able to live our lives without pain and suffering? Can it really be a better world without the love of another?

The rules of the love game is even worse than the game itself. "I must never date a friends ex", "I must never go for the same person my friend is going for if I am aware of the situation", "I must never..." and so on and so forth. Personally, I agree to some of these statements but I would never call it a "rule". I take them more as... "The Guidelines to dating"

If you are against your friend dating your ex, if it has been a reasonable time after the break up that is, then you should give up being friends. If you have already moved on, found yourself someone else to be with and are happy, let them have a chance at that happiness. Ex's are ex's because it just did not work out between you two. That does not mean it will not work out for someone else.

Overall, if your friends feelings are strong enough to your ex, just let them have a shot at happiness. The love game is open for anyone willing to play. The rules are not there to restrict you from certain people but to act as a guide on how to play the game in a way which will lead to the least amount of conflict.

"Take a chance and believe" - Eddie

2 comments:

  1. sexsome indeed :P
    nice post as always :) shame that i had to read it after uni >.<''

    ReplyDelete